Wednesday 24 June 2009

Gingerbread men

Our boys are starting to have a decent summer tan. Our neighbours call them "gingerbread men". This reminds me of a baking session a few days ago. We prepared a gingerbread dough together (I measured the ingredients, DS2 poured them into the mixing bowl and DS1 stirred as much as he could). DS2 played happily with the dough, pouncing it, making crumbs, gathering crumbs, etc. DS1 carefully rolled out his share of dough and cut little men and circles. Here is the result...







1 comment:

  1. Hi Virginie,
    Thank you for commenting on my blog and I'm sorry for the delay. I have a similar problem with Little-N avoiding any animal products, he started asking loads of Qs about how and why people eat meat and I just answered enough to satisfy his curiosity. I'm a vegy so we don't usually have meat at home, but most of my family aren't veggies and we have many family meals where everyone else is eating chicken or meat. I've explained to him that we need certain proteins from the meat and that's why it's better if he eats it but it's his choice. Usually he'll go a few weeks without any, then he'll surprise me and eat some chicken. As with most things in his life, I try not to make it an issue and we usually find a solution somehow. Discussing the importance of a healthy diet and what our bodies need usually helps him choose the right type of food. Hope this helps. Take Care

    ReplyDelete